Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Six Weeks Today!

Wow, I still can't believe I'm saying that. I've seen the sonogram {saw that sweet heartbeat,} I've been exhausted for a month now, and for the very first time- last night I did my best impression of the movie "The exorcist." I know pleasant, right? {I sincerely hope that was because I hadn't eaten much yesterday, and then took my vitamins, which make my tumbly very rumbly.} Yet still I can't shake this feeling that at any moment the doctors office is going to call and say "Mrs. Bendel we're very sorry for the misunderstanding blah, blah, blah" and that the polka-dot I saw on that sonogram is really a cyst, that has to be removed by surgery. I, of course know that is not the case. But it still doesn't feel real. I'm very excited to go next week {on my birthday} and get an exact due date. I'll share it immediately! What a birthday gift. Daddy says I don't get a birthday present this year, he says I got what I really wanted. And to be honest- no gift in the world could top it!

Things that have happened so far:
  • Mimi bought Sweet Pea several outfits. {You're going to have to either be a girl, or really, really like pink.}
  • Mommy is still exhausted.
  • Daddy is getting more excited, he asks how "we're" feeling everyday. Even if I bite his head off for doing it.
  • Mommy got sick last night, still hoping it's a one time thing. Will eat more food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment